Mr. Mrabet practices in corporate and commercial law as well as in intellectual property law. Moreover, he acts as legal counsel to many businesses, their directors and officers, and their shareholders.
Zoubeir Mrabet’s clients consist mainly of established and growing businesses. We are highly involved in the fields of franchise and distribution in general, new economy enterprises (Internet, software and multimedia), and financial institutions.
Zoubeir Mrabet is either Tunisian and Canadian citizen and has already in the past collaborated with some Canadian law firms in many law areas and had given a course in franchise international law for master’s students at Montreal university paper dealing with “the obligations of the international franchisor” have been accepted with honor and jury congratulations.
You can find below some of his legal publications:
- « L’obligation d’information précontractuelle dans le contrat de franchise en droit tunisien et en droit comparé », version originale en arabe, en cours de publication.
- «L’accord général sur le commerce des services : discussion sur la portée et l’importance de cet accord OMC», J.L, n°5, année 53, mai 2011, Tunis, Tunisie.
- « La reconnaissance et l’exécution des sentences arbitrales basées sur la lex mercatoria», Revue de la jurisprudence et de la Législation, n°9, année 52, novembre 2010, Tunis (Tunisie).
- «Les obligations des parties aux contrôles de franchise», Revue Infos Juridiques, janvier 2011, n°104-105, Tunis, Tunisie.
- «Le contrat de franchise dans le cadre de la loi du 12 aout 2009», Revue Infos Juridiques, octobre 2010, n°98-99, Tunis, Tunisie.
- «Les comportements opportunistes du franchiseur : étude du droit civil et du droit international uniforme», Revue Juridique Thémis, n°41, Vol.2, 2007, Montréal (Québec).
- « Les obligations du franchiseur : étude du droit civil et du guide d’Unidroit sur les accords internationaux de franchise principale », mémoire de mastère, Université de Montréal, 2005 (mention excellent avec félicitations du jury).
We advise managers and directors in decision-making matters on a daily basis.
Since we work closely with lawyers abroad (Canada, France) and some of the members of the firm have studied law or worked as lawyers in Europe and Canada, we offer strong services in international private law. Mr. Mrabet had acquired a law background either in Tunisian law fields or in French and North American laws as he studied and worked in Canada.
We provide services to our clients in all areas of corporate and commercial law including: incorporations and organization start-up, shareholders’ or partners’ agreements, corporate secretarial services, mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing, the negotiation, interpretation and drafting of commercial agreements, real estate and franchising, as well as the issuance of relevant legal opinions on all these matters.
Concerning franchise and distribution fields in general, our firm offers several services from giving a simple logistical and council assistance to the establishment of franchisee and distribution offices with key in hand formula.
As litigation is at times unavoidable for our clients, our firm offers a complete range of services in this field. Our litigators have numerous years of experience among them. Their expertise includes pleading before the courts of law and arbitration tribunals and appearing before administrative tribunals, both in first instance and on appeal. These lawyers work in an extensive series of commercial, civil, labor law and intellectual property law cases.
From the drafting of proceedings to pleading, Zoubeir Mrabet law firm offers its clients the best possible service.
Nonetheless, in our efforts to best serve our clients’ interests, we take every possible measure to avoid legal proceedings by finding a non-litigious solution through mediation, arbitration or another approach.
The lawyers of Zoubeir Mrabet have the expertise needed to help clients apply for trademark and copyright registrations in Tunisia and abroad, and can draft and negotiate license and technology-transfer agreements, in addition to protecting their intellectual property.
In addition, Zoubeir Mrabet law firm offers its clientele a full range of services in matters of labor relations, whether for the negotiation and preparation of contracts (employment contracts, non-competition contracts, non-solicitation contracts, etc.); the interpretation, negotiation and drafting of collective agreements; grievance arbitration, employee discharges; procedures and advice with regard to union certification; legal representation before labor tribunals and the courts of law; and related extraordinary remedies.